Monday, October 20, 2008

The beginning of blogging for me...

Hello everyone! I thought I would start a blog for you all to keep up with us as we live so far away now. As you know the boys keep me pretty busy, so I don't always get a chance to call and catch up with everyone as I would like.
So, just to update you...we have moved to Hudson, Ohio. It is more in the Akron/Aurora/Twinsburg area. Alex has opened up a few Verizon stores in the area. Our house has four bedrooms and 2 1/2 baths with quite a bit of yard to it. We live on a dead end street right beside 6 soccer fields and a play area. I'm sure we will be there a LOT!
Mason is our oldest (4). He was diagnosed with autism right before he turned three. We took him out of the school system we were in and he got great care at an ABA center about 15 minutes where we lived in Marion. He has came so far, it just amazes us! He already knows his address here. He will be having two tutors come to our new house to get in home programming. We have been told that he will only need about another year of ABA before he can mainstream into a regular kindergarten class. Mason is big into Thomas the tank engine and starting to like superheroes.
Owen is our middle boy (2). He is our love bug! Owen is the typical younger brother. Always on Mason's heels trying to do everything his big brother is doing. Sometimes that doesn't work out too well for him as Mason is quite the climber and Owie is not. Owie likes Handy Manny, Wow Wow Wubzy, and of course anything that Mason is into.
Quinn is the youngest. He will be a year old in December. Quinn is at the age where he is exploring everything and trying not to listen when mommy and daddy say NO! He is also very spoiled. When daddy comes home, he knows not to walk by him without picking him up or he'll get an earful! Quinn loves music, the minute he hears it he's a rockin'!
I guess the newest thing with me is that I broke my foot on Thursday. I was walking from the living room to the kitchen and stumbled over Quinn. I jammed my whole foot into the leg of the couch. I wasn't going to have it looked at since they don't do anything for broken toes and that's all I though I had-a broken toe or two. But, Alex made me go to urgent care on Friday and the xray showed there was a break up into my foot. Mason and I are also in a wedding on November 1st. A friend of mine that I've known since I was pregnant with Mason. So, that should be fun, although now I'm not sure what shoes I'm going to wear:-P
Well, I guess that's it for now. I'm hoping to keep up with this on a weekly basis. I hope you all are doing well and hopefully you got to get out and enjoy the weather because I'm not sure if it will be as nice as it has been.

ps, as you know I love taking pictures of the kids so they are coming soon

1 comment:

Schmedes6768 said...

Love it, Kelli! And love the pics too!