Monday, January 12, 2009
I FORGOT!!
I can't believe I forgot a huge part of my week!! I had to take Quinn to the hospital the other day! He apparently has a peanut allergy. It's so sad because the other two just love PB&J, but now I'm nervous that they would try to give him some or anyone else for that matter. There is a LOT of no nos for his diet now. Animal crackers are on this list of being processed with or around peanuts. Poor kid will never have the privilege of having Dairy Queen and will have to read labels for the rest of his life. CHOCOLATES!!!!! OYE! I have to call today to get an appt with a pedo allergist and get an epi pen to carry around from now on. I know some schools that you are not allowed to take anything with peanut butter in it or they will get expelled. I now know why they are so strict. It you didn't have a child with these needs, would you really read the label of say animal crackers?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Hey Kelli,
Just wanted to let you know that Connor had a peanut allergy when he was little, but he has outgrown it:) A lot of times when kids develop them so young they will outgrow them. He use to break out with welts all over his body and start wheezing whenever he had anything with peanuts. My MIL gave him honey nut cheerios once when he was 18mos and we couldn't figure out why he had a rash from head to toe. We always kept benadryl on hand and around age 3 or 4 we tried a piece of peanut butter cookie and he did fine. We gradually gave him a little more over time. He's been enjoying pb&j since, so there is hope:)
That's good. They told me and online it says that peanut allergies are a lifelong allergy. Hopefully, he'll be like Connor though because it's nerve wrecking!
Post a Comment