Well, it's been awhile I know. Shame on me! Since my last post, I believe we got a puppy, our van broke down, my dad had his hip replaced, my mom found she has a disease called polymyalgia rheumatica, Owen got accepted into Mason's school...there's probably more, but those are the main things I guess:-) Mason will be starting school soon. Oh yea, Mason had to go to the ER on Saturday for stitches! I took Mason and Owen to the movies to see Monsters vs. Aliens. We sat down for maybe 2 minutes and Owie said he needed to go potty so we left to go to the bathroom. The boys start running down the slope and right as I said "DON'T..." they both fall down, Mason just happened to break his fall on the metal door frame with his head. Off to the ER for 4 stitches. I think they were more mad that we had to leave the movies, they really wanted to see it. So, back to the movies after the ER. Poor Owen fell asleep five minutes into it, he was so worried about Mas.
My dad's surgery went well. The cup is a lot bigger this time and there are about 15-20 screws this time. We won't know anything solid for another 6 months or so.
My mom has been in a lot of pain and is now on steroids. We've never heard of this disease, but we know now it's a nasty one. It can make you go blind or become diabetic as just some of the side effects. It can last 6 months to 2 years and it's only been 2 months.
Soo, the end of winter was not THAT pleasant to our family, but everything happens for a reason and things are looking up for the Spring. We are pretty excited to get Mason into soccer.
No comments:
Post a Comment